To ensure full implementation of the articulated basic education curriculum (K to 12), through localization/indigenization and innovations in teaching the various subject-areas towards improvement in the quality of learning outcomes and
- improve provision and availability of quality learning and teaching resource materials for students and instructional support materials for teachers in the division
- conduct research studies and utilize research findings
provide technical assistance to schools in the areas of:
- curriculum implementation
- instructional supervision
- resource generation and social mobilization
- SIP implementation
- improve access to basic/functional literacy skills and raise the level of literacy in the deprived, disadvantaged and underserved areas.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DEPED LIBRARIAN II JOB DESCRIPTION
Salary Grade: 15
Governance Level: School Division Office
Unit/Division: Curriculum Implementation Divisio
DEPED LIBRARIAN II JOB SUMMARY
- To manage, maintain, and monitor uploaded and catalogue of materials in the LRMDS portal and maintain the schools division library
- To provide technical assistance to the library hubs and Learning Resource Centers as well as monitor the effectiveness in the delivery of their services
DEPED LIBRARIAN II QUALIFICATION STANDARDS (CSC Prescribed Qualifications)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or Bachelor of Science in Education/Arts Major in Library Science
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
Eligibility: RA 1080
Trainings: 4 hours of relevant training
- ICT Knowledge
- Information Science
DEPED LIBRARIAN II QUALIFICATION STANDARDS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|KEY RESULT AREA/S||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|ACCESS TO LEARNING RESOURCE||Checks all uploaded materials in the LRMDS for currency in compliance to IPR requirements to protect DepEd in its utilization of learning materials.|
Maintains on-line catalogues and meta-date of evaluated learning resources for ease in finding specific learning materials
Recommends learning resources for development or purchase and uploading in the LRMDS portal needed in the curriculum
Recommends and implements rules and regulations in the use of the LR portal.
Coordinates resolution to problems encountered in the running of the LR portal to ensure accessibility 24/7 with minimal down time.
Assist users utilizing the LR portal on location in the regional library to easily access required materials.
Prepare monthly report of user profile, interest and feedback as basis for LR content development areas.
|SDO LIBRARY||Organize the learning resource in the SDO library (books, magazines, videos, etc.) so that they are easy for users to find|
Conduct inventory of the library resources periodically to account for missing resources and recommend additional needed resources
Gather and analyze suggestions from various users for additional resources in the library collection
Search and evaluate educational Internet sites for cataloguing in the portal
Prepare and submit procurement proposal on the approved addition to the library collection (e.g. materials related to the new curriculum, new standards.
Monitor compliance of users with the existing rules and regulations monitored and take corrective actions on violations.
|LIBRARY HUBS ( to be integrated with the LR Center and regional libraries)||Identify on a continuous basis the support needed by the library hubs from the region and assist in responding to the needs through resource mobilization|
Integrate on a continuous basis support needed by library hubs from the region and central office management to respond to the needs through Dep ED internal and external sources.
|TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE||Gather data and provide initial analysis as inputs to TA needs and plans to improve access to learning resources of schools division and schools.|
- DepEd Public School District Supervisor Job Description
- DepEd Project Development Officer II (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Supervisor (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Specialist II (ALS) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Supervisor (SDO-CID) Job Description
- DepEd Chief Education Supervisor (SDO-CID) Job Description
- DepEd Planning Officer III Job Description
- DepEd Project Development Officer II (for DRRM) Job Description
- DepEd Senior Education Program Specialist (SMME) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide VI Job Description