TABLE OF CONTENTS
DEPED PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II JOB DESCRIPTION
Salary Grade: 15
Governance Level: Schools Division Office
Unit/Division: School Governance and Operations Division -School Mobilization and Networking
Reports to: Senior Education Program Specialist
DEPED PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II JOB SUMMARY
- To coordinate with the NDRRM (CO and RO), Local Government, and other government agencies to implement mandated measures, programs and projects, in Disaster and Risk Management (DRRM) to the schools division so as to prepare and mitigate the effect of disaster on the delivery of basic education.
- To provide technical assistance to schools management in identifying,assessing and reducing the risks of disaster to educational facilities, workers and learners and dealing with environmental and other hazards that could trigger disaster.
DEPED PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II QUALIFICATION STANDARDS (CSC Prescribed Qualifications)
Education: Bachelor’s degree relevant to the job
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
Eligibility: 4 hours of relevant training
Trainings: Career Service (Professional) Appropriate Eligibility for Second Level Position
DEPED PROJECT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER II DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|KEY RESULT AREAS||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|Partners and Linkages (on DRRM)||Coordinate with the LGU government agencies, National DRRM, for continuous updates on roles, mechanisms, priorities, and protocols.|
|Information, Education, & Advocacy (for DRRM)||Recommend and implement information, education advocacy programs to raise understanding and gather support for current programs and projects.|
Adapt NDRRM materials, to local situation, publish, / distribute to raise understanding and gather support for current programs and projects.
Develop communication plans on DRRM for the agency and stakeholders.
|Policies, Systems and Standards (for DRRM)||Prepare draft recommendations for localized policies and standards on disaster management and risk preparedness to increase relevance and applicability to the local context.|
Adapt National DRRM systems on disaster preparedness, response and mitigation to agency situation, needs and requirements (e.g. prioritizing disaster beneficiaries, etc.)
Draft, publish upon approval and distribute operations handbooks/manuals for critical DRRM protocols and mechanics.
Create and maintain DRRM database to provide information for management action and decisions.
|Programs and Projects (for DRRM)||Draft and submit for approval, concept papers and program/project designs and proposals for programs/projects for DRRM and climate change/ environmental risk reduction.|
Facilitate and coordinate with stakeholders as needed, the development of work plans to implement DRRM programs and projects.
Draft for approval and implement a communication plan and information, education advocacy activities for the specific program.
Conduct monitoring and evaluation (together with QAD) on the status and progress of health and nutrition programs and provide feedback to management and stakeholders to obtain continuing support.
Conduct assessment and evaluation of programs and projects (with QAD) and submit evaluation reports to recommend sustaining, expanding or terminating special programs or projects.
|Technical Assistance||Consolidate data from schools divisions to determine needs related to DRRM as feedback for determining DRRM related plans and programs for the region.|
Prioritize and recommend to management interventions/programs to respond to DRRM needs of schools division offices.
Provide technical assistance to schools division offices in developing programs and projects for DRRM in their respective schools division.
- DepEd Public School District Supervisor Job Description
- DepEd Project Development Officer II (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Librarian II (LRMDS Administrator) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Supervisor (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Specialist II (ALS) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Supervisor (SDO-CID) Job Description
- DepEd Chief Education Supervisor (SDO-CID) Job Description
- DepEd Planning Officer III Job Description
- DepEd Senior Education Program Specialist (SMME) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide VI Job Description