To ensure full implementation of the articulated basic education curriculum (K to 12), through localization/indigenization and innovations in teaching the various subject-areas towards improvement in the quality of learning outcomes and
- improve provision and availability of quality learning and teaching resource materials for students and instructional support materials for teachers in the division
- conduct research studies and utilize research findings
provide technical assistance to schools in the areas of:
- curriculum implementation
- instructional supervision
- resource generation and social mobilization
- SIP implementation
- improve access to basic/functional literacy skills and raise the level of literacy in the deprived, disadvantaged and underserved areas.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST II JOB DESCRIPTION
Salary Grade: 16
Governance Level: School Division Office
Unit/Division: Curriculum Implementation Division
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST II JOB SUMMARY
- To provide basic education services to out-of-school children, youth and adults by assisting the PSDS in coordinating activities on ALS programs & projects; instructional supervision; monitoring & evaluation and provision of technical assistance to ALS Learning Facilitators (Mobile Teachers, DALSCs, Literacy Volunteers, Instructional Managers, Facilitators) at the District level.
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST II QUALIFICATION STANDARDS (CSC Prescribed Qualifications)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education or its Equivalent
Experience: 2 years experience in education, research, development, implementation or other relevant experience
Eligibility: RA 1080(Career Service (Professional) / Eligibility for Second Level Position
Trainings: 4 hours relevant training
Highly developed interpersonal skills to be able to deal with a wide range of individuals from varied background
Networking/Organizing, Advocacy & Social Mobilization
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST II QUALIFICATION STANDARDS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|KEY RESULT AREA/S||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|LITERACY ASSESSMENTS||Conduct a survey of household in the assigned community to identify members who are non- literate and are target participants for ALS program.|
Draw a literacy map to geographically illustrate location of non-literate members of the community and guide strategy for implementing ALS program.
Conduct assessment and evaluation of participants to establish literacy level and assess progress.
|LITERACY INTERVENTIONS||Design learning plan and developmental activities appropriate to the level of each ALS participant|
Implement learning sessions according to the rate of progress of participants and adjust activities to facilitate learning.
Develop advocacy programs and materials for various education stakeholders (e.g LGU, families/parents, businesses) in the community to generate support for education.
- DepEd Public School District Supervisor Job Description
- DepEd Project Development Officer II (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Librarian II (LRMDS Administrator) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Supervisor (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Supervisor (SDO-CID) Job Description
- DepEd Chief Education Supervisor (SDO-CID) Job Description
- DepEd Planning Officer III Job Description
- DepEd Project Development Officer II (for DRRM) Job Description
- DepEd Senior Education Program Specialist (SMME) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide VI Job Description