To ensure full implementation of the articulated basic education curriculum (K to 12), through localization/indigenization and innovations in teaching the various subject-areas towards improvement in the quality of learning outcomes and
- improve provision and availability of quality learning and teaching resource materials for students and instructional support materials for teachers in the division
- conduct research studies and utilize research findings
provide technical assistance to schools in the areas of:
- curriculum implementation
- instructional supervision
- resource generation and social mobilization
- SIP implementation
- improve access to basic/functional literacy skills and raise the level of literacy in the deprived, disadvantaged and underserved areas.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Salary Grade: 22
Governance Level: School Division Office
Unit/Division: Curriculum Implementation Division
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SUPERVISOR JOB SUMMARY
- To provide technical support in the full implementation of the articulated basic education curriculum for a subject area and the development of learning resource materials to suit the conditions and context of the locality.
- To provide technical assistance to the Schools in curriculum implementation, instructional supervision and learning materials development and quality assurance.
- (When part of LR Design and Development Team, may be assigned as Instructional Design and Development Coordinator)
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SUPERVISOR QUALIFICATION STANDARDS (CSC Prescribed Qualifications)
Education: Masters degree in education or other relevant degree Masters degree with specific area of specialization
Experience: At least 2 years experience as Principal or Head Teacher or Master Teacher
Eligibility: RA 1080 (Teacher)
Trainings: 8 hours training in management and supervision
DEPED EDUCATION PROGRAM SUPERVISOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|KEY RESULT AREA/S||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|MANAGEMENT OF CURRICULUM IMPLEMENTATION||Conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation and submit recommendations towards enhancing the management and delivery of the basic education curriculum.|
Develop together with School M&E the mechanisms, processes and tools for monitoring, curriculum implementation and articulation (including vertical and horizontal integration) in the schools division to gauge adherence to standards while implementing innovations.
Submit (together with School M&E) Progress Monitoring Report of Schools Division Curriculum Implementation and Management per Subject area.
Submit (together with School M&E) Evaluation Results of Division Curriculum implementation and submit policy recommendations towards improvement.
Conduct evaluation of Schools Division Instructional Supervision Plan Implementation and submit policy recommendations towards process improvement.
Develop and implement advocacy programs and materials on the basic education curriculum to enhance appreciation and support from stakeholders.
Develop and submit Concept Papers and Project designs and proposals for curriculum enhancement and innovation.
|CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, ENRICHMENT, and LOCALIZATION||Develop training designs, modules and materials to localize, indigenize, and contextualize competencies in the curriculum per subject area for use of the schools division.|
Develop (with School M&E) processes and tools for monitoring the localized and indigenized curriculum implementation to get feedback on effectiveness.
Submits reports and findings on curriculum innovations and localization by schools division for appropriate management action.
Conduct research on Curriculum Localization to widen the pool of knowledge and application to the region.
|LEARNING DELIVERY||Conducts evaluation and submits recommendations on localized curriculum Delivery or Instructional strategies innovated by Schools Division and schools.|
Recommends publication of effective practices on learning delivery/ instructional innovations implemented by the Schools Divisions and schools for learning and adoption.
|LEARNING RESOURCE||Lead or work as a team member to develop general and local learning resource materials in the assigned subject area to increase variety of learning resource to support the basic education curriculum|
Lead or work as a team member to evaluate and or quality assure general and local learning materials to uphold standards of quality learning materials.
|LEARNING OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT||Gather result of assessment reports per least learned skills and analyze performance gaps to pinpoint causes and possible interventions to close the gap.|
Draft policy recommendations related to improving learning outcome based on findings from studies and reports.
|SPECIAL CURRICULAR PROGRAMS AND SUPPORT ACTIVITIES||Conducts monitoring of curricular support activities and submits evaluation reports for appropriate management action.|
Drafts policy recommendations on curricular support activities for regional adoption.
|RESEARCH||Conduct action research on curriculum implementation, needs and issues, appropriate interventions on assigned learning area, as well as best practices in content delivery and submit findings and recommendations for management action and policy formulation.|
|TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE||Assesses the situation and analyzes the needs of assigned schools to identify the appropriate and relevant actions and interventions|
Coordinate with the PSDS to arrive at a technical assistance plan for each district.
Coach the school (through the PSDS) in implementing interventions related to curriculum implementation t and instructional delivery.
Prepares and submits periodic reports on the progress of the technical assistance being provided to the schools
Prepares and submits reports on the results of technical assistance and corresponding policy recommendations for management‘s consideration.
- DepEd Public School District Supervisor Job Description
- DepEd Project Development Officer II (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Librarian II (LRMDS Administrator) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Supervisor (LRMDS) Job Description
- DepEd Education Program Specialist II (ALS) Job Description
- DepEd Chief Education Supervisor (SDO-CID) Job Description
- DepEd Planning Officer III Job Description
- DepEd Project Development Officer II (for DRRM) Job Description
- DepEd Senior Education Program Specialist (SMME) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide VI Job Description