TABLE OF CONTENTS
DEPED LEGAL ASSISTANT I JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Legal Assistant I
Office/Bureau/Service: Office of the Schools Division Superintendent
Reports to: Attorney III
Salary Grade: 10
Governance Level: Schools Division Office
Unit/Division: Legal Unit
DEPED LEGAL ASSISTANT I JOB SUMMARY
- To gather, examine and analyze information/facts received and conduct investigation on cases/ matters/ issues received/ submitted/ referred to the Schools Division Office and to provide clerical support to the Attorney III for the effective and efficient operation of the Legal Unit.
DEPED LEGAL ASSISTANT I QUALIFICATION STANDARDS (CSC Prescribed Qualifications)
Education: Bachelors Degree
Experience: None required
Eligibility: Career Service (Professional)- Second Level Eligibility
Trainings: None required
- Preferably with at least 18 units of LLB
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge in computer operation such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Power point, use of the internet
DEPED LEGAL ASSISTANT I DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|KRA||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|Impartial, evidence-basaed, and speedy investigation||Prepare the order to submit counter-affidavit/answer and notice of hearing|
Conduct research of applicable laws, rules and regulations, jurisprudence
Create and maintain case files (expediente) of pertinent documents for current and pending administrative cases for ease in historical reference.
Create and maintain data base on status of cases
|Provide effective and efficient in-house general legal services||Prepare simple/basic correspondence and communications.|
|Safeguarding the Department’s rights and interests on school sites||Create and maintain data base of schools sites|
Consolidate the Complete Staff Work (CSW) of every school site within the SDO
|Timely submission of report on matters which are required by law||Logs, follow-up and consolidate reports on Schools Compliance to Child Protection/Anti-Bullying Policy|
Create and maintain data base of cases involving Child Abuse and Bullying
|Clerical Support||Schedules/calendars Legal Unit’s activities such as training and workshops, meetings/appointments with other offices and with staff, by calendaring, following up and confirming attendance to meetings for efficient coordination and utilization of personnel time.|
|Records Management||Receives, records and routes documents addressed to the Legal Unit by logging and attaching a routing slip before forwarding to the appropriate person to be able to track and account for location and status of documents.|
Maintains a filing system that makes records and documents retrievable and accessible while ensuring the safety and security of files.
Documents proceedings and agreements of meetings as assigned, and distributes copies of the minutes to concerned parties as well as files a copy for future reference.
Notes down the daily “whereabouts” of Legal Unit Staff to respond to be able to locate them in response to queries from clients
|Administrative Support||Prepares or encodes into electronic format word documents and other presentation materials|
Provides assistance and administrative support to training and conferences as assigned.
Coordinates preparation of documents needed in the operations of the Legal Unit.
Ensure security of office equipment’s and availability of office supplies
|Secretariat/Frontline||Prepares clearances and certifications upon request for the signature of proper authorities.|
- DepEd Assistant Schools Division Superintendent (ASDS) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide VI (SDS Office) Job Description
- DepEd Information Technology Officer I Job Description
- DepEd Attorney III Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Assistant III (OSDS) Job Description
- DepEd Schools Division Superintendent (SDS) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide IV (Driver II) Job Description