The Accounting Services maintains financial records and reports to provide management with information for decision making and accounting reports to oversight agencies to ensure the proper utilization of funds in accordance with accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
The Budgeting Services provides management with economical, efficient, and effective budgeting services and reliable and timely financial information for decision making towards the cost-effective allocation and utilization of financial resources of the schools division.
DEPED ACCOUNTANT III JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Accountant III
Office/Bureau/Service: Office of the Schools Division Superintendent
Reports to: Schools Division Superintendent
Salary Grade: 19
Governance Level: Schools Division Office
Unit/Division: Accounting Unit – Finance Division
DEPED ACCOUNTANT III JOB SUMMARY
- To analyze and attest to the accuracy of accounting records and reports and provide information and advice to the management of the schools division to ensure that the utilization of funds for basic education are maximized and compliant with government accounting rules and regulations
- Ensures that financial report will be fairly presented. That all recordable transactions must be taken up accurately in the books and that all disbursements are properly documented and in accordance with laws, rules and regulations.
- To supervise, facilitate and monitor the work of the accounting personnel and provide technical assistance to school heads and implementing units to ensure proper utilization of funds and preparation of reliable and timely financial reports.
DEPED ACCOUNTANT III QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration major in Accounting
Experience: 2 years relevant experience
Eligibility: RA 1080 (CPA)
Trainings: 8 hours of relevant training
DEPED ACCOUNTANT III DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|KEY RESULT AREA/S||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
|Financial Records and Reports||Analyze and verify consolidated financial statements, supporting schedules and reports of the Division Office and Implementing Units (IU) by examining the accuracy, validity, and appropriateness of income, expenditure, and other transactions and checking the proper recording of such in the respective book of accounts so as to provide management with reliable and timely reports for making informed decisions and proper utilization of government funds for basic education|
Reviews and monitors periodically the entries and maintenance in journals, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers and the related account schedules to check status and quality assure entries. Coordinate with RO and CO and other oversight/regulatory agencies on fund releases and other reportorial requirements to ensure compliance in financial recording and reporting
Prepares replies to Audit Observation Memorandum (AOM), requests and endorsements and other communications from other agencies
|Financial Systems Maintenance||Develops/ reviews and recommends for approval and issuance memos and guidelines related to the financial system implementation and maintenance to guide personnel utilizing the system.|
Conduct periodic review of the financial systems implemented in the schools division, schools and learning centers by gathering feedback and checking adherence to procedures in order to recommend to DepED finance and other oversight agencies (COA, DBM, DOF, etc.) system improvements and enhancements for effective downloading as well as internal control and safeguarding of government funds
Develop and issue reference materials and handbooks to make easy the implementation of the system in the SDO.
|Monitoring and Evaluation||Monitor delivery of Funding Requirements of the SDO, schools and learning centers to ensure timely provision of financial resource to support the programs, projects and activities for basic education.|
Monitor and evaluate the liquidation reports on downloaded or funds transferred to the accountable offices (schools and IUs) by checking and verifying the validity of the disbursements relative to the existing rules and regulations in order to properly account for utilization of government funds
Reviews the existence of accounts payable/unpaid obligations to facilitate processing of claims on government obligations to internal and external stakeholders
Reviews the safekeeping of accounting records, documents, correspondences and reports, and ensures maximum security and systematic compilation of various accounting information
|Technical Assistance||Provides technical assistance to schools division office management, school heads, and accountable personnel by coaching and serving as resource speaker on accounting and other finance related training workshops to enable them to follow financial policies, guidelines, procedures towards proper utilization, safeguarding, and reporting of funds.|
Provides technical assistance and supervises special disbursing officers and bookkeepers of schools to enable them to properly implement the financial systems.
Provides technical assistance to the SDS and ASDS with regular feedback and update re the budget allocation and status of expenditures of each division or unit in the SDO.
|Accounting Services Performance||Ensure timely submission of all financial reports to overseeing body|
Prepare and manage the budget for accounting services resource requirements and submits this to be part of the Office of the SDS/Schools Division Budget.
Manage personnel work assignment to ensure equitable work distribution towards accomplishment of division goals and targets.
- DepEd Administrative Assistant III (Senior Bookkeeper) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Assistant I (Accounting Machine Operator) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Officer V (Budget Officer III) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Assistant II (Accounting Clerk) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide VI (Personnel) Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Officer V Job Description
- DepEd Administrative Aide VI (Data Entry Machine Operator) Job Description