The learner demonstrates understanding:
- of texts elements to comprehend various texts;
- that English language is stressed time to support comprehension;
- of the forms and conventions of print, non print, and digital materials to understand various viewing texts;
- of non – verbal communication to communicate with others; and
- Demonstrates command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Uses knowledge of texts types to correctly distinguish literary from informational texts;
- Reads with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension;
- Uses the correct function of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in general and their functions in various discourse;
- Evaluate effectively the message constructed and conveyed in various viewing texts; and
- Applies knowledge of non-verbal skills to respectfully give the speaker undivided attention and acknowledge the message.
Learning Competencies/ Objectives:
- Evaluate narratives based on how the author developed the elements: setting and characters;
- Observe politeness at all times;
- Show tactfulness when communicating with others;
- Show openness to criticism;
- Compose clear and coherent sentences using appropriate grammatical structures: Pronoun – Reference; agreement (number, case, gender );
- Read with auto automaticity grade level frequently occurring content area words.
- Describe different forms and conventions of films and moving pictures ( setting).