This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check if you’re learning.
In this module, you will be writing different types of position paper. This will help you understand the problems, and issues of the world today. This will allow you to share your opinions, thoughts, and arguments and to reason with factual evidence. Hone your writing skills, take a stand, and assert your opinion.
This module will help you gain a better perspective on an issue and will teach you how to develop a position paper. The aim of this lesson is to convince the reader to believe in your argument. You will also be guided how to assert your argument in a particular issue.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Define what a position paper is.
2. Identify situation in which a position paper may be effectively used in the present society.
3. Gather manifestos and analyze the arguments used by the writers.
4. Defend a stand on an issue by presenting reasonable arguments supported by properly cited factual evidence.; and
5. Write various kinds of position paper.
To have a good grasp of this module, do the following:
1. Read the selected readings provided in the lesson.
2. Understand the given issue and cultivate awareness for a better understanding of the world we live in today.
3. Finalize your position paper make sure to support your arguments. You can read other valuable reading materials that are relevant to your stance.