This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the nature of Workplace Engagement. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module is divided into three lessons, namely:
- Lesson 1. Obtain and Convey Workplace Information
- Lesson 2. Nonverbal Communication in the Workplace
- Lesson 3. Participate in Workplace Meeting and Discussion
- Lesson 4. Complete Relevant Work-Related Documents
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Access the specific relevant information is from appropriate sources,
2. Use effective questioning and active listening and speaking to gather and convey information,
3. Use appropriate medium to transfer information and ideas,
4. Use appropriate nonverbal communication,
5. Identify appropriate lines of communication with superiors and colleagues,
6. Define work procedures for the location and storage of information,
7. Carry out personnel interaction clearly and concisely,
8. Attend team meetings on time,
9. Express own opinions and listen to those of others,
10. Conduct workplace interaction courteously while being mindful of cultural considerations,
11. Ask and respond to questions on simple routine workplace, procedures and matters concerning conditions of employment,
12. Interpret and implement meeting outcomes,
13. Complete ranges of forms relating to conditions of employment accurately and legibly,
14. Record workplace data on standard workplace forms and documents,
15. Use basic mathematical process for routine calculations,
16. Identify errors in recording information on forms,
17. Identify and rectify documents, and
18. Complete reporting requirements to superior according to enterprise guidelines.