This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the skill of classifying objects and materials as solid, liquid, and gas based on some observable characteristics (S3MT-lc-d-2). The scope of this module allows it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the different vocabulary levels of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to be similar to the textbook you are now using.
The module is divided into four lessons, namely:
- Lesson 1 – Objects and Materials Around Us and their Properties
- Lesson 2 – Solid Objects or Materials and their Characteristics
- Lesson 3 – Liquid Objects or Materials and their Characteristics
- Lesson 4 – Gaseous Objects or Materials and their Characteristics
After going through this module, you are expected to be able to:
1. Identify and describe objects and materials at home, in school, and the surroundings and classify them as solid, liquid, and gas.
2. Recognize and describe the observable characteristics of solid as to color, size, shape, and texture.
3. Describe observable characteristics of liquid as to its ability to flow and how they occupy space.
4. Name and describe observable characteristics of gas.Science3_q1_mod1_classifyingobjectsandmaterials_v2