The following situations should be given priority when teachers are seeking transfer to another station which is in need of additional teachers:
a. When the teacher is declared excess by the SH and/or his/her expertise/area of specialization is needed in another school / district / division;
b. The teacher has served for more than five years outside his/her home barangay/municipality;
c. The teacher is a bonafide resident of the barangay, municipality, city, or province where the school is located (RA No. 8190, Localization Law), as evidenced by the teacher’s Voter’s ID;
d. The teacher is joining his/her husband/wife in the same school (RA No. 4670);
e. She is a nursing mother (PD No. 603, Child and Youth Welfare Code);
f. The teacher’s life is in danger due to armed conflict, hostilities, or other similar circumstances in the area where the school is located; or
g. He/She is in poor health condition, as evidenced by pertinent medical records to that effect.
Sample Request Letter for Teacher Transfer from One Station to Another
You may include the following:
- Last Name, First Name & Middle Name
- Residential Address
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Date of Original Appointment
- Present Station
- No. of Years in the Present Station
- Level (Elementary or Secondary)
- If Secondary (Kindly specify your major area)
- Performance Rating for the Past 3 Years
- 3 Preferred Schools to Transfer
- Reason for Transfer
Republic of the Philippines
Department of Education
Region IX, Zamboanga Peninsula
Division of Zamboanga del Sur
January 15, 2019
Mahayag North District
Mahayag, Zamboanga del Sur
Greetings of Peace and Love!
I, DEPEDTAYO, Teacher I and currently teaching at Upper Manguiles and Pilas Elementary School heartily applying for transfer of teaching station either Panagaan or Kaangayan Elementary School for the following reasons to wit:
- That I am teaching in my present station for three (3) year with utmost dedication and much achievement;
- That I am a bonafide resident of Panagaan, Mahayag Zamboanga del Sur and I am pretty sure that I can extend many services even beyond official hours for the benefits of the children and safer travel in going home;
- That it is my great opportunity because my present station is far from my residence hence time and travel expenses could be of great help for the education of my children.
- Being a mother, I have my children that need my attention and care.
It is my fervent hope and prayer that this humble request will be given meritorious favor from your very good office.