This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the nature of Safety Measures in the Workplace. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module is divided into four lessons, namely:
- Lesson 1 – Determine Areas of Concern for Safety Measures
- Lesson 2 – Appropriate Tools, Materials, And Outfits in Line with Job Requirements
- Lesson 3 – Importance of Personal Protective Equipment
- Lesson 4 – Report Hazard in the Workplace
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Identify work tasks in line with farm operations
2. Determine place for safety measures in line with farm operations
3. Determine time for safety measures in line with farm operations
4. Prepare appropriate tools, materials, and outfits in line with job requirements.
5. Wear outfits according to farm requirements.
6. Observe strictly the effectivity/shelf life/expiration of materials.
7. Follow emergency procedure to ensure a safe work requirement.
8. Report hazards in the workplace in line with farm guidelines.