This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
1. identifies the musical characteristics of representative music selections from Mindanao after listening;
2. analyzes the musical elements of some Mindanao vocal and instrumental music;
3. explains the distinguishing characteristics of representative music selections of Mindanao in relation to its culture and geography;
4. improvises simple rhythmic/melodic accompaniments to selected music from Mindanao;
5. evaluates music selections and music performances applying knowledge of musical elements and style;
6. sing songs from Mindanao, particularly from the tribes of Butuan and Agusan Del Norte.
In this module, you will learn about the musical culture of the tribes from Agusan, particularly the Manobo and the Mamanwa. You will listen and reflect on their music as well as understand the impact of their culture and geography towards their music.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
A. Differentiate the characteristics of music unique to the music of the Lumads of Butuan, the Mamanwa and the Manobo, as well as identify the musical instruments and elements of music and other characteristics that distinguishes it from other music in Mindanao.
B. Create a comparative analysis of Butuan music in comparison with those from other tribes in Mindanao by evaluating sample music from both regions in terms of elements, characteristics, as well as the effects of culture and geography to the music.
C. Sing melodic sequences in line with the characteristic of the Mamanwa/ Manobo music.