This Senior High School Inquiries, Investigation and Immersion Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
The 3 I’s: Inquiries, Investigation and Immersion module is a way of realizations that come along their life such as the different issues which surround them. This query is the act of asking for information that leads to exploration and absorption.
This module will help the learners prepare a plan and focus on issues and ideas in their respective field after an overview of research in daily life and learning an appropriate research design for a class research agenda.
The module has one lesson:
- Lesson 1 – Natural Inquiry
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Discuss among the learners the different issues and ideas in their respective fields;
2. Appreciate the importance of brainstorming to come up with the best issue to cater to; and
3. The learner prepares to plan a research agenda in preparation for possible
issues or topics of a research study.
What to do:
- To attain the objective of this module, do the following:
- Yield your time reading the lessons sensibly.
- Follow the directions and/or instructions in the activities and exercises diligently.
- Give a response to all the exercises.
- Familiarize yourself with the following terms:
Unlocking of Keywords
- Inquiry – It is a question which you ask to get some information. It is the process of asking about or investigating something to find out more about it.
- Investigation – It is a proper inquiry or efficient study.
- Immersion – It is the process of learning a skill by using nothing else but that skill. It is the fact of becoming completely involved in something.
- Research Study – Research is like exploring things to come up with the best idea/s to respond to the needs of society.
- Concept – It is a conceptual representation abstract objects, or abilities that make up the fundamental building blocks of thoughts and beliefs.