Last month, the Department of Education (DepEd) and the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) finalized the GSIS Financial Assistance Loan (GFAL) Program for DepEd Personnel with the ceremonial signing of its Memorandum of Agreement in the presence of the President of the Philippines in Malacanang, Manila.
The GFAL will allow interested eligible borrowers (DepEd teaching and non-teaching personnel) to refinance their outstanding loans with private lending institutions (PLIs) accredited under DepEd’s Automatic Payroll Deduction System (APDS). The program aims to: a) improve the financial capability of DepEd personnel; and b) provide an affordable loan package to enable DepEd personnel to take out or refinance their outstanding loans with the APDS accredited PLIs through the GSIS.
On May 15, 2018, the GSIS will begin offering the program in its branches/offices nationwide. In relation to this, attached is an Announcement from the GSIS for your reference and dissemination to all Schools Division Offices and elementary and secondary schools, so as to inform all DepEd teaching and non-teaching personnel.
For any clarifications and queries, you may contact the GSIS Call Center at Landline no. (02) 847-4747, Globe Toll Free Number: 1-800-8-847-4747 (free from both Globe landline and mobile phone) and PLDT/Smart Toll Free Number: 1-800-10-847-4747 (free from PLDT landline: a flat rate of P8.00/per call from mobile phone).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
APPLICATION FOR GFAL STARTS ON MAY 15, 2018
The GSIS will accept application for the GSIS Financial Assistance Loan (GFAL) for DepEd Personnel starting May 15, 2018.
GSIS GFAL LOAN QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be an active regular member of the GSIS with permanent status and paid premiums for the last three (3) years;
- Has no pending administrative case and/or criminal charge; Provided, however, that if the pending case or charge is filed by an accredited lending institution after the issuance of D.O. No. 38, s. 2017 on 31 July 2017 due to the Borrower’s nonpayment of his/her loan obligations as a result of the prioritization of GSIS and HDMF loan payments, the Borrower shall remain eligible, subject to the submission of supporting documents;
- Is not on leave without pay;
- Has an outstanding loan from DepEd-accredited lending institution; and
- Has no due and demandable loan account/s* with the GSIS.
*A loan account is considered in default (and therefore due and demandable) when the total unpaid obligation is equivalent to more than six (6) monthly amortizations.
GSIS GFAL LOAN REQUIREMENTS
- Properly filled up GFAL Application Form duly endorsed by the Agency Authorized Officer (AAO). Application Form may be downloaded at: GFAL Application Form)
- GSIS-prescribed Statement of Account (SOA) with clear photocopy of I.D. of the authorized representative (of lending institution) who will claim the check from the GSIS and contact details (i.e., telephone or cellphone number). The SOA form may be downloaded here: http://www.gsis.gov.ph/downloads/forms/20180504-FQRMS-GFAL SOA.pdf
- Borrower Loan Agreement, Loan Voucher and/or other certified documents indicating the details of the loan from the accredited lending institution/s, such as: original loan amount, net loan, term of loan, interest rate, monthly amortization and due date of first loan amortization.
- Payslips for the last three (3) months, certified as true copy by the AAO.
Only complete submissions will be accepted and processed by the GSIS.
Below is your 6-Step Guide to the GFAL:
- Accomplish the GFAL Application Form and GSIS-prescribed Statement of Account (SOA) accurately and completely.
- Secure / complete the required documentary requirements Kindly refer to the checklist above. Only complete application will be accepted and processed.
- File your application at the nearest GSIS Office. You will be given an endorsement slip for the FINANCIAL LITERACY SEMINAR to be provided by GSIS.
- Attend the Financial Literacy Seminar conducted in GSIS Office.
- Undergo the loan evaluation and counseling process.
- Sign the loan documents. The form/s will be provided at the GSIS office only, after loan evaluation and counseling.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Call Center through telephone numbers:
- Landline (Metro Manila): (02) 847-4747
- Globe Toll Free Number: 1-800-8-847-4747 (free from both Globe landline and mobile phone)
- PLDT/Smart Toll Free Number: 1-800-10-847-4747 (free from PLDT landline: a flat rate of P8.00/per call from mobile phone)