Data is all around us, it’s everywhere, and every action we do results in new data and information. Research data such as questionnaires, Focus Group Interview (FGI), Focus Group Discussion (FGD), and other related documents should be collected, observed, or created for analysis to come up with original research results. You cannot simply move to a conclusion in your research study without doing the correct process and methodology used to analyze and interpret the data gathered. In other words, data analysis, interpretation, and implications are needed. As a researcher, this is very important to you, in the same manner as a doctor to analyze the condition of the patient before giving him any advice, treatment, and medicines. Data analysis helps the researcher to come up with a valid and concrete conclusion.
This module will guide you on how to do the interpretation of data and data analysis methods. It contains activities that can help you enhance your knowledge and skill in data analysis, interpretation, and implication. You can improve your skills in this area. Nothing is impossible.
This module contains activities that guide you on the appropriate method of analysis of data obtained, interpretation, and presentation of results (if applicable).
This module has two lesson lessons in qualitative data analysis:
- Data Analysis method
- Interpretation of Data
What you are expected to learn?
- After going completed this module, you are able and expected to gather analyze data with intellectual honesty using suitable techniques.
How to learn this module?
- Take your time to read and understand the concepts in this module.
- Follow the instruction carefully in every given task.
- Answers all the given tests and exercises.
- Present an output in every performance task given.
- Familiarize yourselves with the given terms.
The following terms will be encountered in the lesson:
- Research data – is any information that has been collected, observed, generated, or created to validate a research study.
- Data analysis – a process that involves examining, and molding collected data for interpretation to discover relevant information, draw or propose conclusions, and support decision-making to solve a research problem.
- Data Interpretation – is the process of making sense of numerical data that has been collected, analyzed, and presented.
- A Conceptual framework – is an analytical tool that is used to get a comprehensive understanding of a phenomenon. It can be in different fields of work and is most commonly used to visually explain the key concepts or variables and the relationships between them that need to be studied.