This module is solely prepared for you to access and acquire lessons befitted in your grade level. The exercises, drills and assessments are carefully made to suit your level of understanding. Concepts like the structure, language used from various disciplines, ideas contained in various academic texts, knowledge of the text structure to glean information that is needed, various techniques, and outlining reading text in various disciplines are discussed in the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Academic Language used from Various Disciplines
- Lesson 2 – Text Structure
- Lesson 3 – Techniques in Summarizing Variety of Academic Texts
To accomplish the desired performance stated, please be guided with the following learning competencies as anchor:
- Differentiates language used in academic texts from various disciplines
- Uses knowledge of text structure to glean the information he/she needs (CS_EN11/12A-EAPP-Ia-c-4)
- Uses various techniques in summarizing a variety of academic texts (CS_EN11/12A-EAPP-Ia-c-4)
At the end of the lessons, you will be able to:
1. Differentiate language used in academic texts from various disciplines.
2. Determine the structure of a specific academic text.
3. Explain the specific ideas contained in various academic texts.
4. Use knowledge of text structure to glean the information he/she needs.
5. Use various techniques in summarizing a variety of academic texts.EAPPG11_q1_-mod1_reading-for-acadtext_v2