The Department of Education (DepEd) School Identification (ID) Number is a unique and permanent six-digit number assigned to any educational institution offering basic education in the Philippines.
To acquire a School ID, the institution must offer Kindergarten, Elementary, Junior High School, Senior High School, and/or a combination of these education levels.
The school must also secure approval a permit to operate from the Regional Office, and be:
- A DepEd-managed school (with predefined plantilla positions);
- Operated by a State University or College (SUC) or a Local University or College (LUC);
- Managed by a government agency other than DepEd (for example: DOST, NCCA, or LGU, among others); or
- A private education institution registered under Philippine corporation laws.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
DepEd School ID
The School ID follows this format: X YYYYY
ID Number A five-digit number randomly assigned to a school upon registering in the BEIS
School Type Starts with:
- 1, 2 – Public elementary school
- 3 – Public junior high school or senior high school
- 4 – Private school
- 5 – Public integrated school
- 6 – SUC/LUC offering basic education
For example: 158452, 425466, 604531
- Every school in the basic education system can possess only one PERMANENT and PERPETUAL School ID.
- The School ID must be conspicuously displayed in plain sight across school facilities and in all school documents.
- Unauthorized or fraudulent issuance of School ID is STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS)
As soon as a new school becomes operational, you can create its profile and register it in the EBEIS.
- Only the Regional Office (RO) can enlist and encode new school profiles.
- The school and the Schools Division Office (SDO) can edit the existing or newly created school profile once the region finishes creating the profile.
- If the school received a School ID from the previous school year but failed to create their school profile, they must request a new School ID from their respective RO.
- The school must possess either a recognition or a permit to operate for the current school year to receive a new School ID.
- The RO processes the request; once done, the school shall use the new School ID and disregard the old one.
You can add the following school types in the EBEIS:
- Public integrated schools (offering both elementary and secondary levels including Senior High School);
- Elementary schools (public, private, and SUC/LUC, offering Kinder to Grade 6);
- and Secondary schools (public, private, and SUC/LUC, offering Junior High School, Senior High School, or both).
- Schools SHOULD NOT contact the Central Office (CO) directly to add or edit their profiles in the EBEIS.
- SDOs MUST NOT refer any school directly to the CO to request modifications in EBEIS profiles.
PNPKI Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
DepEd Learning Management System (LMS)
DepEd LIS Tagging of Honors User Guide
DepEd LIS SPED Tagging User Guide
DepEd Partnerships Database System (DPDS) User Guide
DepEd Learner Information System (LIS) Frequently Asked Questions