Welcome to the Session Guides of this Module entitled Why Do I Need to Believe in Science? under Learning Strand 2 Scientific and Critical Thinking Skills of the ALS K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC).
This module was collaboratively designed, developed, and reviewed by select DepEd field officials and teachers from formal school and ALS, and private institutions to assist,in helping the ALS learners meet the standards set by the ALS K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) while overcoming their personal, social, and economic
constraints in attending ALS learning interventions.
This learning resource hopes to engage the learners in guided and independent learning activities at their own pace and time. Furthermore, this also aims to help learners acquire the needed 21st century skills while taking into consideration their needs and circumstances.
As an ALS Teacher/Instructional Manager/Learning Facilitator, you are expected to orient the learners on how to use this module. You also need to keep track of the learners’ progress while allowing them to managentheir learning. Moreover, you are expected to encourage and assist the learners as they do the tasks included in the module.
Session Guide No.1
1. Appreciate the skills and the qualities needed to be a successful entrepreneur which include the following:
· identifying and seizing opportunities
· calculated risk-taking
· determination and perseverance
· creativity and vision
Session Guide No.2
1. Determine the advantages and disadvantages of being self-employed/ an entrepreneur.
2. Identify successful entrepreneurs / self-employed persons in the community as potential role models/mentors.
Session Guide No.3
1. Develop/ strengthen one’s personal entrepreneurial competencies and skills (PECs) through the following sub skills:
· assessing one’s PECs (strengths, attitudes, assets, skills, limitations) as a potential entrepreneur / self-employed person;
· comparing one’s PECs with those of a practicing self-employed individual / entrepreneur;
· identifying one’s PECs for improvement, development, and growth;
· aligning one’s PECs with possible business areas / choices;
· developing a plan to enhance one’s PECs to support a possible business career;
· developing and nurturing one’s individual PECs
2. Determine the key message conveyed in the material viewed.