- The learner demonstrates understanding:
• of various linguistics nodes to comprehend various texts;
• of different formats to write for a variety of audiences and purposes;
• that words are composed of different parts to know that their meaning changes depending in context;
• of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking;
• of the oral standards of English in order to participate in various oral communication demands (situation, purpose and audience) that English language is stress timed to support comprehension;
• of the various forms and conventions of print, non-print, and digital materials; and
• of non-verbal communication to communicate with others.
- The learner:
• analyzes text types to effectively understand information/ message(s);
• uses linguistic cues to appropriately construct meaning from a variety of texts for a variety of purposes;
• drafts texts using appropriate text types for a variety of audiences and purposes;
• uses strategies to decode correctly the meaning of words in isolation and in context;
• uses the correct function of nouns pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in general and their functions in various discourse (oral and written);
• prepares for and participates effectively in a range of conversations and collaboration with diverse partners, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively;
• reads with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension;
• evaluates effectively the message constructed and conveyed in various viewing texts; and
• applies knowledge of non-verbal skills to respectfully give the speaker undivided attention and acknowledge the message.
Learning Competencies/ Objectives:
a.) Analyze sound devices (onomatopoeia, alliteration, assonance, personification, irony and hyperbole) in a text heard.
b.) Analyze sound devices (onomatopoeia, alliteration, assonance, consonance).
c.) Self-correct when reading.
d.) Write a 3-line 4-stanza poem.
e.) Infer meaning of idiomatic expressions using – context clues.
f.) Compose clear and coherent sentences using appropriate grammatical structures: Pluralization of regular nouns.
g.) an experience appropriate to the occasion.
h.) Describe different forms and conventions of film and moving pictures (lights).
i.) Observe politeness at all times.
j.) Show tactfulness when communicating with others.
k.) Show openness to criticism.