This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners,mcan continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
This module is a self-learning material to guide you in developing a target competency in the course, 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World. You are expected to compare and contrast the 21st century literary genres and their elements, structures, and tradition from across the globe. Specifically, the discussion focuses on differentiating graphic fiction and flash fiction.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. describe graphic fiction and flash fiction;
2. read and respond critically to texts read;
3. write in one of the genres;
4. present similarities and differences of basic graphic fiction and flash fiction; and
5. show an appreciation on modern literary genres as an appealing medium to literary conventions.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.