This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.
When you aim to arrive to a certain solution of a problem, the journey is smooth and focused when the direction is clear. The research methodology of your study is very important since it gives direction to systematically arrive to answers or solution to your chosen research problem. It contains rules and procedures that you as a researcher will have to follow.
This module focuses on the discussion of your research design and plan, population to consider, sampling technique, research instruments, and appropriate statistical treatments to be employed. At end of this learning module learners are expected to understand the concept of research data and know the ways to systematically collect data.
The following are the lessons contained in this module:
- Lesson 1 – Quantitative Research Design
- Lesson 2 – Sampling Procedure and Sample
- Lesson 3 – Research Instruments, Validity, Reliability
- Lesson 4 – Research Intervention
- Lesson 5 – Data Collection Procedure
- Lesson 6 – Data Analysis
- Lesson 7 – Presenting Research Methodology
At the end of this module, you should be able to:
1. choose appropriate quantitative research design;
2. describe sampling procedure and the sample;
3. construct an instrument and establishes its validity and reliability;
4. describe intervention (if applicable);
5. plan data collection procedure;
6. plan data analysis using statistics and hypothesis testing (if appropriate); and
7. present written research methodology.