This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master Solving Problems Involving Conversion of Units. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
This module is divided into three (3) subtopics, namely:
- Conversion of Measurement from Metric System unit to another Metric System unit and English System unit to another English System unit.
- Conversion of Measurement from Metric System unit to English System unit and vice versa.
- Solving Problems Involving Conversion of Units
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. convert metric unit to another metric unit;
2. convert English system unit to another English system unit;
3. convert metric unit to English system unit and vice versa; and
4. solve problems involving conversion of units.