June 03, 2016
DepEd Order No. 34, s. 2016
TABLE OF CONTENTS
SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL ENROLMENT OF LEARNERS IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS, HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTION, STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES AND LOCAL UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES IN THE LEARNER INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR BEGINNING OF SCHOOL YEAR 2016-2017
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
School Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Procedures on Encoding and Data Processing for the Senior High School (SHS) of Learners in Private Schools, Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs) in the Learner Information System (LIS) for Beginning of School Year (SY) 2016-2017.
2. This DepEd Order aims to provide guidance to all concerned schools in the setting up of LIS accounts and enrolment of SHS learners in the system.
3. The first year of implementation of the SHS will commence this SY 2016-2017. It covers the last two years of the K to 12 Basic Education cycle which includes Grades 11 and 12. Learners of SHS will go through a core curriculum and subjects under a track of their choice.
4. Encoding of learner’s profile in the LIS for Private Schools, HEIs, SUCs and LUCs will start on June 6, 2016. All school heads are directed to register and enrol their learners in the LIS through the website address http://lis.deped.gov.ph and ensure that the data encoded are complete and accurate.
5. The SDOs, through the SGOD – Planning and Research Unit in collaboration with the Division IT Officer, shall provide user accounts to private schools, HEIs, SUCs and LUCs which do not have access to the LIS.
6. Online instructional videos and materials on the LIS can be accessed through the link http://tinyurl.com/LIS-support.
7. Cut-off date of encoding will be on August 31, 2016.
8. Immediate dissemination and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
(Enclosure to DepEd Order No. 3 4 , s. 2016)
PROCEDURES IN THE ENCODING AND PROCESSING OF DATA
1. The SHS Enrolment Form (Annex) gathered during enrolment shall be used to update learner’s profile. Online updating of learner’s basic profile and enrolment status through the Learner Information System (LIS) will be made available by June 6, 2016.
a. Learners/Enrolees wil accomplish and submit SHS Enrolment Form (Annex) to class adviser.
b. School Head and/or School Registrar will encode learner’s profile to the LIS.
c. In the enroling through the LIS, the school head or school registrar searches and retrieves the learner record.
i. If a learner record does not e xist, encoder selects from a dropdown list of reasons, why the Grade 11 learner does not exist in the LIS. Reasons for exception are any of the following:
-From School Abroad (encode also the school name and country where the learner attended Junior High School);
-PEPT passer (encode PEPT certificate number); -A&E passer (encode A&E certificate number); -PVT passer (encode PVT certificate number); -From same school not encoded;
-From other schools not encoded (This includes public, private HEIs, SUCs and LUCs. The originating school name shall be selected from drop-down list of schools); and
-High School graduate (encode year graduated).
ii. Prior to the issuance of an LRN, the record of the newly registered learner shall be subject to approval by the schools division office (SDO).
d. If learner record exists, or once the learner is registered in the LIS, Program (track and strand) per learner shall be selected from a dropdown list of program offerings the school is authorized to provide.
e. All enroled/registered learners prior to the opening of classes are recorded in the schools’ “List of Registered Learners”
i. School shall have the facility to view the list of learners by program offering.
ii. School dashboard shall also display summary of learners by program offering.
f. Starting June 17, 2016, the facility to finalize the enrolment list for the school shall be made available. The school head or school registrar shall encode each learner’s “Date of First Attendance.” The “Finalize” action shall mark all learners with no Date of First Attendance and prompt the user to either provide a valid date or confirm the finalization. After finalization is confirmed, learners with no Date of First Attendance shall no longer appear in the school’s enrolment list.