When you look in the mirror, have you noticed something interesting about you and your image in the mirror? You will also learn how mirrors form images. How are light rays reflected from different types of mirrors: plane, spherical concave, and spherical convex mirrors? Did you know that a mirror could create different types of images?
In this module you will get acquainted with the qualitative characteristics of the image that is formed in Plane, Concave and Convex Mirrors. As you go through the pages of this module, you will be able to use the laws of reflection in order to describe and explain how mirrors and lenses form images.
In this module, the learners should be able to:
1. predict the qualitative characteristics (orientation, type, and magnification) of images formed by plane and curved mirrors and lenses; and
2. apply ray diagramming techniques in describing the characteristics and position of images formed by mirrors and lenses.
This module allows you to learn in your own space and pace so have fun in reading and learning from this module!
To get the most out of this module, here are few reminders:
1. Take your time to read and understand the module very well. Follow the instruction carefully.
2. Use a separate sheet or Science notebook for your answers in the activities and assessment. Be sure to label your work by the activity number and title.
3. Don’t hesitate to approach or contact your teacher or any knowledgeable person, whenever there’s something you don’t understand. There is also list of references to look into at the last part of this module.
4. Before working on the activities, answer the Pretest first. It is a simple multiple-choice test provided at the start to determine how much you know about the content of this module.
5. You will find activities to work on. After each activity go over the Assessment that follows as this will help you to have a better understanding of the topic. Pay attention to the items you missed.
6. Take the posttest at the end of the module so that you will know how much you have learned.
7. Check your answers to each pretest, activities, self-assessment and posttest against the answer key. This will give you an idea how well you understand the lesson. Review the lesson if necessary, until you have achieved a sufficient level of proficiency.
Let’s find out how much you know about the module. After taking pretest, you will find out your score. An answer key is provided at the end of the module.