This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the Nature of Communication. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module is about Types of Speech.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
- distinguish types of speeches according to purpose;
- use principles of effective speech delivery in different contexts;
- differentiate the types of speech delivery;
- identify the speech used in different situations;
- write a sample speech according to purpose; and
- apply learning and thinking skills, life skills, and ICT literacy in understanding the principles of speech delivery.
A speaker communicates for five reasons which is called Functions of Communication. But a speaker also creates a speech based on the purpose he or she wants to achieve. These purposes are called the Goals of Speech. It becomes obvious as the speaker shows through the speech what he/she wants to achieve. The speaker through the speech can make one think, change one’s mind, or smile or laugh.CO_Q1-Oral-Comm-in-Context-SHS-Module-6L1-FINAL