This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the nature of communication. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary levels of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module focuses on the lesson: Examining Sample Oral Communication Activities
After going through this module, you are expected to:
- discuss the functions of communication;
- identify the speaker’s purpose(s);
- watch and listen to sample oral communication activities;
- use verbal and nonverbal cues that each speaker uses to achieve communication purpose;
- comprehend various kinds of oral texts;
- identify strategies used by each speaker to convey ideas effectively; and
- evaluate the effectiveness of an oral communication activity.