This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.
1. describes the musical characteristics of representative selections of Cordillera, Mindoro, Palawan and of the Visayas after listening;
2. explains the distinguishing characteristics of representative music from Cordillera, Mindoro, Palawan and of the Visayas in relation to its culture and geography; and
3. performs music from Cordillera, Mindoro, Palawan and of the Visayas with accompaniment.
Do you like to travel? Have you ever dreamt of going into far off places and experiencing the culture different from your own? For most people, being able to experience new things is a luxury. Lucky for you, we will be able to experience different kinds of culture in this grading period. From the lowlands of Luzon, we will experience the different culture of Mindoro, Palawan, and Visayas as we unravel their music.
In this module, we will focus on the elements and characteristics of music that define the culture of their respective areas. Therefore, at the end of this module, you are expected to:
1. identify different forms of music (vocal, instrumental, ensemble) as well as the similarities and differences in the musical characteristics between the music of Cordillera, Palawan, Mindoro, and Visayas;
2. explain the distinguishing characteristics of the music of Cordillera, Palawan, Mindoro, and Visayas; and
3. sing select songs/chants from the music of Cordillera, Palawan, Mindoro, and Visayas.