This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master addition of fractions and mixed numbers. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module is divided into three lessons, namely:
- Lesson 1. Adding Simple Fractions Without Regrouping
- Lesson 2. Adding Simple Fractions with Regrouping in the Sum
- Lesson 3. Adding Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Regrouping in the Sum
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. add simple fractions without regrouping; (M6NS-Ia-86)
2. add simple fractions with regrouping; (M6NS-Ia-86) and
3. add fractions and mixed numbers with regrouping; (M6NS-Ia-86)
4. solve routine and non-routine problems involving addition and/or subtraction of fractions using appropriate problem-solving strategies and tools. (M6NS-Ia-87.3)Math-G6-Q1-Mod1-v2
1 thought on “Mathematics 6 Quarter 1 – Module 1: Adding Simple Fractions and Mixed Numbers”
Very useful for us teachers. We need this so much and lesser our burdens.
Thank you so much! May God bless us all!