This module was designed and written with you in mind. As a Grade 11 student, it is part of your learning journey to understand different kinds of sports and the types of injuries that come with each.
Sports injuries are injuries that occur when engaging in sports or exercise. However, participation in different sports sets high standards on athletes’ physical skills as it may result to developing an injury. This problem may almost be completely solved if action is taken before injuries occur. This learning module permits you to understand how one can reduce the risk of sports injuries related to different sports. The language used recognizes the different types of injuries related to sports and how it may be prevented. The activities include learning concepts about the most common sports related injuries as well as the different safety protocol about the Moderate to Vigorous Physical Activities (MVPA).
The module consists of one lesson:
- Lesson 1 – Sports-related injuries
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. characterize sports-related injury;
2. differentiate acute from chronic injuries;
3. identify ways to prevent sports-related injuries; and
4. determine the safety protocols during MVPA participation.hope1_q1-2_mod5_observespersonalsafetyprotocol_v2