This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the volcanic eruption. It emphasizes how volcanic eruptions occur in a certain area.
The module focuses on achieving this learning competency:
- Explain what happens when volcanoes erupt.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. describe the formation and composition of magma and explain the effects of temperature and composition and its viscosity;
2. relate the characteristics of magma with the type of volcanic eruption;
3. explain the process of volcanic eruption; and,
4. enumerate the material emissions of volcano and describe the effects of material emissions from volcanoes to humans and other living things.