This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
- The learner demonstrates understanding of lifestyle and weight management to promote community fitness.
- Maintains an active lifestyle to influence the physical activity participation of the community.
- Practices healthy eating habits and fitness behavior that supports lifelong learning for active lifestyle.
- Discusses the nature and background of indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
- Participates in active recreation.
- Advocates community efforts to increase participation in physical activities and improve nutrition practices.
- Practices environmental ethics (e.g Leave No Trace) during participation in recreational activities of the community.
- Apply concepts such as fair play, empathy, respect for others’ abilities and diversities, and demonstrates in interaction with others.
- And device a range of strategies to improve owns physical activity and performance.