This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.
1. describes the musical characteristics of representative selections of Cordillera, Mindoro, Palawan and of the Visayas after listening;
2. explains the distinguishing characteristics of representative music from Cordillera, Mindoro, Palawan and of the Visayas in relation to its culture and geography; and
3. performs music from Cordillera, Mindoro, Palawan and of the Visayas, with accompaniment.
The MIMAROPA Region has a wide variety of musical art forms. Every province has its own unique musical characteristics which resulted from the region’s geographical feature – MIMAROPA is composed of several island provinces. Its traditional music came from the natives of the islands. In this module, we are going to explore the richness of music of one of the country’s and MIMAROPA’s famous provinces – PALAWAN.
In this module, you will be able to:
1. describe the musical characteristics of selections of Palawan through listening,
2. distinguish and explain the musical elements of Palawan music in relation to cultural and geographical influences, and
3. sing samples of native songs from Palawan.