This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you learn about measures of variability. This module is designed to be self-sufficient for the current learning situation. The language used recognizes your vocabulary level. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course in the curriculum guide. However, the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
In this module you will be able to:
- illustrate and calculate the measures of variability (range, average deviation, variance, standard deviation) of a statistical data.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. illustrate the measures of variability (range, average deviation, variance, standard deviation) of a statistical data;
2. describe the measures of variability (range, average deviation, variance, standard deviation) of a statistical data;
3. calculate the measures of variability of ungrouped data; and
4. calculate the measures of variability of grouped data.