This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
This module will provide you information that will demonstrate features and characteristics of 20th century contemporary Filipino music. It is divided into two lessons, namely:
- Lesson 2 – New Music Composers
- Lesson 3 – Song Composers
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. narrate the life of selected contemporary Filipino composers;
2. analyze the musical characteristics of traditional and contemporary Philippine music;
3. improvise simple vocal/instrumental accompaniments to selected contemporary Philippine music;
4. perform selections of contemporary Philippine music; and
5. evaluate music and music performances using guided rubrics.