This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
Hello! Learning is a long journey, right? In learning, doing all the prepared activities is quite challenging, yet it is fun and interesting. In the previous module, you have learned the different elements of art as applied to performance on stage plays. As part of it, you were able to explain how ideas or themes of a play are communicated through the integration of musical sounds, songs, dialogue, and dance.
This module will help you understand and realize how production designs for a stage play are conceptualized and executed. You will also experience performing the tasks assigned to the different roles in a play production.
Read the contents in each page before doing and answering the given activities and assessments. You are advised to seek guidance from any member of your family or even from your friends to help you achieve the goals set in this learning module.
In understanding and learning the module, you have to do the following:
1. read each page carefully;
2. follow directions strictly;
3. answer all questions on each page correctly and completely;
4. use a separate sheet of paper for your answers;
5. do not write anything on this module; and
6. ask for guidance from your teacher, parents, relatives, or friends if necessary.
You can check your answers on the different activities and assessments through the answer key at the latter part of the module. However, you are encouraged to work independently and honestly.
The Most Essential Learning Competencies:
1. Designs with a group the visual components of a school play (stage design, costume, props, etc.
2. Assumes the role of a character as an actor/performance, or production staff (director, choreography, light designer, stage manager); and
3. Contributes to the conceptualization of an original performance.