In this module, you will acquire knowledge of appropriate reading strategies for a better understanding of academic texts to be able to produce a detailed abstract of information gathered from the various academic texts read. Concepts like the structure, language used from various disciplines, ideas contained in various academic texts, knowledge of the text structure to glean information that is needed, various techniques,thesis statements, paraphrasing and outlining reading text in various disciplines are discussed in the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Thesis Statement and Outline Reading Text
To accomplish the desired performance stated, please be guided with the following learning competencies as anchor:
- States the thesis statement of an academic text (CS_EN11/12A-EAPP-Ia-c-6)
- Outlines reading texts in various disciplines (CS_EN11/12A-EAPP-Ia-c-8)
At the end of the lessons, you will be able to:
1. State the thesis statements of an academic text.
2. Create an outline reading texts in various disciplines.EAPPG11_q1_-mod2_ThesisStatementandOutlineReadingText_v2