This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the nature of Earth and Life Science. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module covers:
- Lesson 1 – Igneous Rocks: How Are They Formed?
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. compare the formation of different types of igneous rocks;
2. distinguish intrusive from extrusive igneous rocks;
3. differentiate igneous rocks based on silica content; and
4. describe the different textures of igneous rocks.ELS_Q1_Module-9_Igneous-Rocks-How-Are-They-Formed_v2