This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the Unifying Themes of Biology. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module covers:
- Lesson 1 – Unifying Themes of Study of Life (Biology)
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. name the unifying themes in the study of life;
2. describe the unifying themes illustrated;
3. explain the connection among living things and their interaction with the environment;
4. give details on how these themes serve as the foundation in the study of biology.
5. value life by taking good care of all beings, human, plants and animals.