This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
This module was designed and written with you in mind. It is here to help you master the nature of Biology. The scope of this module permits it to be used in many different learning situations. The language used recognizes the diverse vocabulary level of students. The lessons are arranged to follow the standard sequence of the course. But the order in which you read them can be changed to correspond with the textbook you are now using.
The module covers:
- Lesson 8 – The Process of Evolution
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Explain how populations of organisms have changed and continue to change over time showing patterns of descent with modification from common ancestors to produce the organismal diversity observed today;
2. Explain the process of evolution.
3. Identify some scientists who contributed to the historical developments of evolutionary thoughts.
4. Compare Lamarckian and Darwinian Evolution;
5. Design a poster tracing the evolutionary changes in a crop plant (e.g., rice or corn) that occurred through domestication.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.