Welcome to the Session Guides of this Module entitled Why Do I Need to Believe in Science? under Learning Strand 2 Scientific and Critical Thinking Skills of the ALS K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC).
This module was collaboratively designed, developed, and reviewed by select DepEd field officials and teachers from formal school and ALS, and private institutions to assist,in helping the ALS learners meet the standards set by the ALS K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) while overcoming their personal, social, and economic
constraints in attending ALS learning interventions.
This learning resource hopes to engage the learners in guided and independent learning activities at their own pace and time. Furthermore, this also aims to help learners acquire the needed 21st century skills while taking into consideration their needs and circumstances.
As an ALS Teacher/Instructional Manager/Learning Facilitator, you are expected to orient the learners on how to use this module. You also need to keep track of the learners’ progress while allowing them to managentheir learning. Moreover, you are expected to encourage and assist the learners as they do the tasks included in the module.
Session Guide No. 1
1. Identify common ailments of the reproductive system according to cause/s;
2. Identify common ailments of the reproductive system according to symptom/s; and
3. Cite ways to prevent ailments of the reproductive system.
Session Guide No. 2
1. Identify health services in the community; and
2. Enumerate programs in the community that take care of reproductive health.
Session Guide No. 3
1. Identify the misconceptions about reproductive health; and
2. Explain the correct ideas on the misconceptions about reproductive health.