This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-bystep as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
In this module, the learner will be able to know what is a community-based disaster risk reduction and management. This will further teach the learner how to develop community emergency preparedness plan and community disaster preparedness plan to minimize vulnerability and disaster risk in the community and avoid or limit the adverse impact of hazards.
This module is consisted of one lesson:
- Lesson 1 – Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Competency: Discuss different community-based practices for managing disaster risk to specific hazards.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. Discuss community-based disaster risk management and its importance;
2. Identify the best practices for disaster management in the school or in the community;
3. Be familiar with the importance of having an early warning system in school and community; and
4. Create a poster and action plan for disaster risk reduction and management in your community.