Electromagnetic radiation is all around us. Some are unnoticeable, yet a lot of our activities make use of these electromagnetic waves from texting to cooking. But what are electromagnetic waves?
This module is specifically crafted to focus on the different activities that will assess your level in terms of skills and knowledge with the expectation to demonstrate through the learning material. Read and answer the suggested tasks and accomplish them to explore and experience the world of electromagnetic spectrum.
After going through this module, you are expected to:
- for the first week:
1. compare the relative wavelengths of different forms of electromagnetic waves;
2. compare the relative frequencies of different forms of electromagnetic waves; and
- for the second week:
3. identify the relationship among wavelength, frequency and energy of an electromagnetic wave.
Going through this module can be a meaningful learning experience. All you need to do is make use of your time and resources efficiently. To do this, here are some tips for you:
1. Take the pretest before reading the rest of the module.
2. Take time in reading and understanding the lesson. Follow instructions carefully. Do all activities diligently. This module is designed for independent or self-paced study. It is better to be slow but sure than to hurry and miss the concepts you are supposed to learn.
3. Use a clean sheet of paper for your answers in each activity/ assessment. Don’t forget to write your name. Label it properly.
4. Try to recall and connect the ideas about waves that you had in the lower years. Use the concept discussed in the lesson to explain the results of activities or performance tasks. You may answer in English or a combination of your vernacular and English.
5. Be honest. When doing the activities, record only what you have really observed. Take the self-assessments after each activity, but do not turn to the Answer Key page unless you are done with the entire module.
6. Don’t hesitate to ask. If you need to clarify something, approach or contact your teacher or any knowledgeable person available to help you. You may also look into other references for further information. There is a list of reference at the back part of this module.
7. Take the posttest prepared at the end of the module, so you can assess how much you have learned from this module.
8. You can check your answers in the activities, self-assessments, and posttest after you finished the entire module to know how much you have gained from the lesson and the activities.
Before you continue with this module, let’s check how much you know about this topic. An answer key is provided at the end of the module. But do not try to look at it while answering. You can check your answers after you are done with the pre-test.