This module was designed to help you learn the intermolecular forces of attraction. It is composed of activities that will make your learning process a more productive one.
- The learners demonstrate an understanding of how the uses of different materials are related to their properties and structure.
- The learners should be able to make a creative representation of the atom or the chemical element in a timeline.
- Describe the general types of intermolecular forces (CODE: S11/12PS-IIIc-d-17)
- Explain the effect of intermolecular forces on the properties of substances (CODE: S11/12PS-IIId-e-19)
The module is divided into two lessons, namely:
- Lesson 1 – General Types of Intermolecular Forces
- Lesson 2 – Effect of Intermolecular Forces on the Properties of Substances
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. describe the three major types of intermolecular forces of attraction;
2. explain the effect of intermolecular forces of attraction on the properties of substances; and
3. recognize the significance and/or implications of the types of intermolecular forces of attraction to real-world examples.Physical-Science-Q1-Module-3