This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
Learning Area Standard
- The learner demonstrates an understanding of basic concepts and processes in music and art through appreciation, analysis and performance for his/her selfdevelopment, celebration of his/her Filipino cultural identity and diversity, and expansion of his/her world vision.
Grade Level Standard
- The learner demonstrates understanding of salient features of Western music and the arts from different historical periods, through appreciation, analysis, and performance for self-development, the celebration of Filipino cultural identity and diversity, and the expansion of one’s world vision.
The learner demonstrates:
- Understanding the role of theatrical elements (sound, music, gesture, movement, and costume) in the creation and communication of Western classical plays and opera influenced by history and culture.
- Understanding of theater and performances as a synthesis of arts.
- The learner creates appropriate theater play/opera costume and accessories and improvises appropriate sound, music, gesture, movements, and costume for a chosen theatrical composition.
- Takes part in a performance of a selected piece from Western classical plays and opera.
At the end of this module, you are expected to have performed the following:
- Show the influences of Western classical plays or opera on Philippine theatrical performance in terms of form and content of story.