This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
At the end of this module, you should be able to:
1. Explain how electrical energy is generated, transmitted and distributed
Specifically, as you go through with the lessons, you will be able to:
1. Identify the steps in generating electrical energy in power plants.
2. Describe the process in the generation of electrical energy in power plants.
3. Appreciate the role of renewable energy resources in generating electrical energy.
4. Explain the steps in the transmission and distribution of electrical energy from the power plants to the households.