This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
Our environment is surrounded by different forms of energy that travel through a wave such as sound energy and groups of electromagnetic spectrums. These forms of energy differ in their characteristics and properties. One part of the electromagnetic spectrums is visible light that travel also in a form of wave just like other forms of energy.
Most Essential Learning Competency:
- Demonstrate an understanding on how to explain color and intensity of lights in terms of its wave characteristics.
This module is divided into two lessons:
- Lesson 1: Nature and Sources of Light
- Lesson 2: Characteristics of light
After going through this lesson 1, you are expected to:
1. identify different sources of light;
2. determine the best kind of light source to produce the brightest light;
3. infer that the brightness of light is dependent on the distance of the light source;
4. identify the characteristics and properties of visible lights; and
5. explore and describe the characteristics of color lights.