This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
If you have any questions in using this SLM or any difficulty in answering the tasks in this module, do not hesitate to consult your teacher or facilitator.
This module presents varied activities like performing, creating, reading, responding, and writing musical symbols. The aim of these activities is to inspire the learners to understand the concepts of melody in engaging fun and meaningful ways. These activities will also help the learners in developing their appreciation of music as a way of expressing themselves while developing their creativity. There are also group activities that will enhance their social skills and sense of responsibility.
- reads simple musical notations in the Key of C Major, F Major and G Major
- sings or plays instruments in solo or with group, melodies/songs in C Major, G Major, and F Major
The module has three (3) lessons with the title:
- Lesson 1 – Key of C Major
- Lesson 2 – Key of G Major
- Lesson 3 – Key of F Major
After going through this module, you are expected to:
1. demonstrate the ability to sing and write simple musical notations in the Key of C Major;
2. demonstrate the ability to sing and write simple musical notations in the Key of G Major;
3. demonstrate the ability to sing and write simple musical notations in the Key of F Major;
4. analyze the melodic patterns of songs in C Major;
5. analyze the melodic patterns of songs in G Major; and
6. analyze the melodic patterns of songs in F Major.