This Self-Learning Module (SLM) is prepared so that you, our dear learners, can continue your studies and learn while at home. Activities, questions, directions, exercises, and discussions are carefully stated for you to understand each lesson.
Each SLM is composed of different parts. Each part shall guide you step-by-step as you discover and understand the lesson prepared for you.
Pre-tests are provided to measure your prior knowledge on lessons in each SLM. This will tell you if you need to proceed on completing this module or if you need to ask your facilitator or your teacher’s assistance for better understanding of the lesson. At the end of each module, you need to answer the post-test to self-check your learning. Answer keys are provided for each activity and test. We trust that you will be honest in using these.
Please use this module with care. Do not put unnecessary marks on any part of this SLM. Use a separate sheet of paper in answering the exercises and tests. And read the instructions carefully before performing each task.
This module was specifically developed and designed with you in mind. It is here to help you master the concepts, theories, and applications for Physical Activity, Exercise, and Eating Habits, to help you assess your level of participation and readiness for more moderately vigorous physical activity like street and hip-hop dances, and to provide you fun and meaningful learning experience, with your own time and pace.
The module is divided into five lessons, namely:
- Lesson 4 – Hip-hop Dance Styles: SHUFFLING AND KRUMPING
- Lesson 5 – Hip-hop Style: BREAKING OR B-BOYING
- Lesson 6 – Hip-hop Style: LOCKING
- Lesson 7 – Making It Part of life
- Lesson 8 –Street and Hip-hop Dance as Physical Activity and Exercise
After going through this module, you are expected to:
- assess physical activity, exercise and eating habits
a. Realize the importance of dancing to maintain lifelong fitness
- engage in moderate to vigorous physical activities for at least 60 minutes a day in and out of school; and
a. Execute some of the hip-hop dance styles
b. Create a simple dance routine applying common styles in street and hip-hop dance
- express a sense of purpose and belongingness by participating in physical activity-related community services and programs.