This module will discuss the Basic Web Design using HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) and the Free Online Website Builder. Aimed for both beginner and intermediate web designer, this comprehensive, easy-to-understand module will explain to the learners the fundamentals of web development tools and techniques.
You should have a general background in using a computer, managing files, and a basic knowledge of the internet. Also, you should be able to navigate to and within a website using a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari. The learners do not need to purchase any software for this course.
The module mainly focuses on one lesson:
- Lesson 1 – Basic Web Page Creation
- Apply web design principles and elements using online creation tools, platforms, and applications to communicate a message for a specific purpose in specific professional tracks.
This module outline provides a summary of topics that can be used as a guide when progressing through this module, and upon its successful completion, you are expected to:
1. define HTML;
2. create a basic web page using Notepad;
3. identify the HTML structure in creating a website; and
4. design a website using an online WYSIWYG platformADMSHS_Emp_Tech_Q1_M9_WebpageDesigning